Thursday, August 10, 2017

Did Ron Johnson 'walk back' his John McCain slur? Snort.

Walk back? Please. The cliche is empty and misleading. 
CNN, "Sen. Johnson walks back remarks on McCain's brain cancer," Aug. 10, 2017
He ran faster from it than Usain Bolt looking to close out his career with that one last, elusive win.
Ron Johnson, official portrait, 112th Congress.jpg
Johnson did a fully-panicked, Winter Olympics' snowboarding-worthy verbal back flip to escape his thoughtlessly cruel words and overall, reflexive and now second term-extended doltitude.

I'm sure Johnson will by now have privately dissembled and groveled before McCain by phone or email or text, but I'm sure McCain had read what was reported and knows that Johnson's mumbly, cowardly and transparently duplicitous stupidity is to be expected as a pre-existing condition: 

Johnson: I’m not going to speak for John McCain. You know, he has a brain tumor right now. That vote occurred at 1:30 in the morning. Some of that might have factored in.
Jacobson: Really? I mean, he did get out -- he just had recovered from getting the brain tumor removed and then flew all the way to Washington, D.C. But you really think that that played a factor in his judgment call?
Johnson: Again, I don’t know exactly what -- we really thought that -- again, I don’t want to speak for any senator. I really thought John was going to vote yes to send that to conference at 10:30 at night. By about 1-1:30, he voted no. So, you’d have to talk to John about what was on his mind...
And later:
Johnson: First of all, I have the deepest respect for John McCain. And in no way -- in no way was I trying to criticize him. If anything, I was trying to defend his position. A lot of us had a real problem with that skinny repeal and we weren’t going to vote for it until we got that assurance from Paul (Ryan). So, listen, I was trying to defend his position and truthfully just express my sympathy for his health condition. So, again, I’ve reached out to John, I'm hoping to talk to him today. I just have the greatest respect for John McCain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Johnson did not walk back anything. I cant imagine what he is going to say to McCain to smooth that thoughtless ridged comment over. All I know is God is not please with the Republicans in the Senate not in Congress.