- - has also deleted several climate change and science web pages from the children's education resource program known as EEK!, including a teachers' activity guide and K-12 information, here.
Those links bring up the dreaded "Page Not Found - - the Web page that you are looking for is no longer on the server. Please check the page location. If you had this page bookmarked, please remove the bookmark from your browser."
Some of this may have been reported earlier, but I had not focused on it, so want to catch up now.
Still on the DNR website, however - - so you might want to save this post and all the useful links - - is this information-rich page about tree planting as a climate change antidote - - full text below.
Most of the links are external to the DNR, but information distribution about climate change can still be performed unwittingly by this agency - - like this Canadian educational program about climate change for children - - even as it scrubs pages and will lose its popular magazine provided for 99 years and enjoyed now by tens of thousands of satisfied customers if Scott Walker gets his way.
Youth and school planting projects
- Free seedlings for all Wisconsin fourth graders
- Free seedlings for forestry promotions or educational events
- Seedlings for youth groups, FFA, 4-H, vocational agriculture students
Climate change lesson plans
- Fourth grade lesson plan from LEAF (For fourth graders – LEAF)
- Lesson plans for teens (For teens – National Wildlife Federation)
- Climate change activities and lessons (For multiple ages – Canadian Forestry Association)
- Polar bear lesson plans from Polar Bear International
- A National Wildlife Federation powerpoint discussing tips for talking to students about global warming and polar bears, as well as the Arctic Educator's Guide (Arctic Educator’s Guide – National Wildlife Federation)
Climate change activities
- Climate Change through Tree Planting (fourth grade)
- Planting Trees Activity Booklet (ages 9 and up)
- Climate change activity guide (grades 7-12)
- Schoolyard Habitats (U.S. Fish and Wildlife): (All ages)
- Community Action Projects GreenWorks! (Project Learning Tree)
Climate change information
- Climate Change Awareness Toolkit
- How trees fight climate change
- Wisconsin's historical climate trends (1950 - 2006) and future projections (1980 - 2055)
- How to plant trees to conserve energy
- A PowerPoint presentation on global warming
- How climate change could affect Wisconsin's forests