Saturday, February 2, 2013

Six Years And Counting Here

I wish I could say that I deliberately started writing this blog on Groundhog Day, 2/2/2007 - - but I wasn't that clever. Though I did hit a water theme: call me prescient, or something.

And yes, 2/2/2007 was the day the UN declared that human behavior was driving climate change - - a major topic on this blog - - but I don't remember and did not the post story that day (in large measure because I couldn't get the hang of embedding links using the Blogger template):

On Feb. 2, 2007, the United Nations scientific panel studying climate change declared that the evidence of a warming trend is "unequivocal," and that human activity has "very likely" been the driving force in that change over the last 50 years. 
Truth is that I'd been thinking about starting a political and environmental blog (thank you for the kick in the pants, Xoff) and tinkered with Blogger and on 2/2/2007 hit "publish."

The blogging will continue here for at least another six weeks, regardless of the weather. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Say What? said...

You getting burnt out?

James Rowen said...

Nope. Just extending the Groundhog Day theme.

jpk said...

Here's to at least six more YEARS!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Congrats to sticking around. I've been less consistent.

Betsey said...

Congratulations, James. Well done!