Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Favorite Lost Bit Of Info On The DNR's Climate Change Pages

As I noted on my Purple Wisconsin blog, the links I had used to bolster my case that the DNR's website on climate change was outdated have been taken down.

You can access some of the content on an earlier posting of mine, here.

I'm sure the DNR didn't like my calling attention to the amount of credit its site had given former Gov. Jim Doyle, and my "all hail Jim Doyle" headline, but I will share with you the most ironic piece of information off those pages that, for now, seems gone.

In the original posting I had written:

The Government Initiatives page was last updated on October 7, 2011, but contains a link that goes nowhere, gets you to links supposedly referencing work at the US Environmental Protection Agency - - that actually brings you a gloomy assessment because of GOP-led efforts to block EPA clean air work - - and takes you back to the DNR "initiatives" page that features information from the Doyle administration:
The link to the EPA page is still good, but with a lede like this under climate change "initiatives," don't you wonder why on earth Walker's DNR left it intact?
With a Republican majority in the U.S. House of Representatives and a diminished Democratic majority in the Senate, the mood of the 112th Congress (2011– 2012) regarding climate change is markedly different from that of the 111th Congress (2009 – 2010). Rather than debating measures to reduce U.S. greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, the focus has been on preventing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from regulating GHG emissions under its existing authority. Much of this discussion has taken place within the context of larger political battles over government spending levels.

 

No comments: