Monday, December 22, 2014

WI DNR wolf website still carrying outdated information

I'd noted over the weekend that the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources had rushed out a news release saying it was "disappointed" that a Federal judge had halted the state's wolf hunt, but had yet to accurately reflect that new reality on its wolf hunt information webpages.

I said in my posting I'd check back Monday and see if the agency had posted the wolf hunt's correct, newly-restored protected status.
Wisconsin is killing its wolves
Nope. 
The gray wolf was removed from the state endangered species list in 2004 and was federally delisted on January 27, 2012.
So I will add the agency's state of denial to this posting about the ugly history of the origins of the Wisconsin wolf hunt.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Tiffany whines http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/fox-affiliate-apologizes-protester-chant