Monday, May 7, 2012

Journal Sentinel Expands State Journal Story On Questionable DNR Enforcement

An interesting and newsy Sunday, for sure:

The Journal Sentinel late Sunday added to the State Journal's Sunday scoop about the DNR's wrist-slap to an egregious polluter.

I doubt we've heard the last of this story, or its consequences.

Here is the original State Journal piece, and here is the Journal Sentinel's follow-up.

Monday update: The Journal Sentinel version is gone. Am checking...

Later Monday update: Managing Editor George Stanley emailed to say that in response to a request to reprint, the WSJ gave the JS permission to link through the online link.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still there but buried in the elite JS's sidebar.


http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/dnr-backed-off-in-sending-wastehaulers-case-to-justice-department-paper-reports-fj5a2va-150356205.html?ipad=y

James Rowen said...

That takes me to the State Journal piece. I could swear that Sunday night the JS had a version with material its staff had added.

Joe R said...

It's in the print edition

James Rowen said...

OK. I just needed the electronic link for blogging...

Anonymous said...

Burying this story along with running the 3 editorials in the crossroads section on Sunday defines the JS. It's an all out war on the Dems by the JS!

Joe R said...

Went to the J-S site just now and did a search on "Herr." It came up with a link to the story (I assume with the J-S's added reporting). But when I clicked it, it said Story Not Found. What gives?

Would the State Journal make the J-S take it down? Looked to me like it was correctly credited and attributed.

James Rowen said...

I don't know why the link was down. It originally had Ron Seely's byline, which struck me as unusual, but I figured it was posted with permission.

I am hoping the paper, now that it is Monday, is preparing its own story.

JB said...

Still not there at 6:20 pm. I am totally disgusted. This is the paper that people in Oconomowoc read, if they read anything. The story has clearly been taken down. Pressure from DNR?