Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Republicans Talk Themselves Into Voter Fraud

I was a volunteer Democratic observer for the November, 2008 election at the City of Milwaukee Central Library polling place and was paired with a very nice Republican poll-watcher who'd been sent in, as I recall, from Eagle, WI in Waukesha County to help us city folk run a clean election.

We chatted and watched all day long as the experienced poll workers there ran a flawless, open and honest process.

At the end of the day, the GOP fella agreed that the poll operation had been perfect, and off he went.

Nice guy - - but he had nothing negative to report about the city and the election procedures there.

I heard a similar story from another observer who worked in Riverwest, again where things went off without a hitch, and the out-of-county GOP observer went home without seeing the fraud they're propagandized to expect.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I'm taking a minute today to thank the Wisconsin bloggers I've been reading regularly, for the information I would not have had otherwise. If I had to rely on standard Milwaukee media I wouldn't know what the hell was going on. Win or lose tonight, you've done a great job and I appreciate your contributions.

James Rowen said...

@Sue - - Thank you.

lph said...

I concur Sue. And win or lose tonight, tomorrow the fight for progressive values and honest government continues. Although first I am going fishing!

Thanks for all the work you do James. I check in daily.

mikeutzinger said...

Compared to entrenched political machines, individual voters commit an insignificant amount of voter fraud. I lived in Cook County, Illinois when Richard J Daley ruled. Rumor was even the dead voted. Yes, that was a democratic machine and I had no respect for it. The Republican vote supression was on clear display in Florida in 2000. The least trustworthy county in Wisconsin, in terms of faith in the accuracy of voting, is clearly Waukasha. James, thank you for your tireless effort to be a good citizen and keep us informed, not only on state politics, but more importantly on environmental issues (water and mining). I check your blog daily, along with the NYtimes, WashingtonPost, Daily Show and Colbert Report.

James Rowen said...

@mikeutzinger - - Thank you.