Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Oligarchs Keep Organizing - - The Checkbook Coup Is Underway

They've got the money, favorable tax laws, the compliant John Roberts Supreme Court and the Chamber of Commerce, Karl Rove, the Koch brothers and other moneyed power brokers, too.

NBC News Thursday night suggested that the Rove-controlled secret stream of money could hit $250 million in the last few weeks of the 2010 elections.

Outrageous that Russ Feingold tried to limit this very phenomenon with the help of former moderate Republican John McCain, only to have the Supreme Court earlier this year to enable millions of private, special interest money to be collected, with some aimed Feingold's way Wisconsin.

And reports surfaced earlier this week that these power-brokers are already laying the plans to oust Obama in 2012 with an even bigger torrent of self-interested private sector money.

The checkbook coup is underway.

The goal, with a purchased Congress and White House, is to wring out of the tax code every last nickel for the top 1% and leave the other 99% scrambling after the crumbs while stumbling over their bootstraps.

No comments: