Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tim Cuprisin, My Friend And Newsroom Colleague, Has Lost His Battle With Melanoma

He passed away suddenly at his house earlier today, I am told.

What a loss. He was only 53 years old. I managed to have two great lunches with him in the last two weeks and he was so hoping to have Thanksgiving with his Chicago family tomorrow.

A brilliant and funny and talented guy, and a true friend.

[Updated Wednesday evening]: Nice tributes in the Journal Sentinel, and at OnMilwaukee.com, below:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile but Tim was unbridled ( fresh honesty) in his articles on Milwaukee's talkie puppets. Correct me if I am wrong. I have yet to see such writing in JS since he left. Maybe my memory fades me.

enoughalready said...

My condolences for your loss. In my limited experience (e-mails exchanged), Tim was always kind and inviting, very personable. No 'putting on of airs' for him. And he made time for people. I believe he saw his work as a service that he performed, and he was talented and good.

James Rowen said...

To er: Thank you.