Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Madison Court Blocks Walker's Move To Close The Capitol

Sources are reporting that Dane County Circuit Judge Daniel Moeser has granted Tuesday morning a temporary restraining order to plaintiffs seeking to keep the Capitol open - - after the Walker administration ordered it shut yesterday to everyone except a trickle of reporters and members of the general public.

The order was sought by former Wisconsin Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager.

A hearing to make the order permanent may happen imminently.

Walker obviously wants the building closed so his budget speech tonight conveys the impressions a) that he is in charge (as his poll numbers plummet), and b) that there is no opposition to both his billions in cuts to safety-net programs and public services (proven false by weeks of mounting protests).

It's the second legal hit Walker has taken in 24 hours.

More later..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday's email:

February 28, 2011

Mr. Walker:

I know that these are busy times for you, what with your manufactured “crisis” and all, but why won’t you take or return my phone calls?

I have heard you bragging on national television shows about all the phone calls you’ve had with ordinary Wisconsinites, but for whatever reason, I have been excluded.

I have called you multiple times at the Office of the Governor, 608-266-1212. I have both spoken with your staff members and left messages in your voicemail to no avail.

I have also left messages in your voicemail at the Governor’s Mansion at 608-246-5501, and again I’ve received no reply.

I even left a message in voicemail and later spoke directly with one of your aides at 608-266-8050, who angrily told me I was “rude” for trying to contact you the morning after the Assembly Republicans jammed their version of the Budget Repair Bill (sic) down Wisconsinite’s throats.

Still, you’ve been dodging my calls.

Why is it that you were willing to take a call from a blogger in New York last week, but you won’t speak to me? I’ve lived in Wisconsin for 51 years, and believe that I deserve better.

Please send me your private number, and I will call you at your convenience.

For that matter, you can call me, 24/7.

You have my number. And the people of Wisconsin have yours.


GoyitoMKE

Mitch said...

He didn't know he was taking a call from a "blogger from New York." He thought it was a billionaire from Wichita.

Completely different.