[Originally posted, Wednesday, 8:05 p.m.] Scott Walker and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, (R-Juneau) - - both having sworn oaths to uphold the law - - have been forced by citizen petition signatures into historic recall elections in June. And into other legal proceedings, too.
Things have gotten so dicey that holding a fund-raising celebrity tennis tournament is off the table because certain people might misinterpret the meaning of their "court time."
Let's peek at some of their achievements and the reviews they've been getting to see how they treated the law like an Etch-a-Sketch and helped move along their own recall process from protests to petitions to possible defeat.
* Six former Walker Milwaukee County aids or campaign donors to date have charged with a total of 15 criminal offenses in the unfolding John Doe probe.
* The Governor has established a legal defense fund and hired two criminal lawyers.
* A secret political email system was revealed by John Doe prosecutors to have been running on public time less than 25 feet from then-Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker's courthouse office.
* Secret redistricting work was managed off the Capitol premises by state GOP legislative leaders including Fitzgerald, with details and records about the scheme being forced into public view through orders from Federal judges in Milwaukee.
* Two assembly district boundaries were declared by those judges to have been drawn in violation of the US Voting Rights act - - then were finally recast legally by the judges Wednesday after the GOP had declined to bring the Legislature back into session or work with Democrats to draw acceptable district lines.
* Legal challenges to admittedly fake recall candidacies promoted officially by Scott Fitzgerald and the GOP are working their way before the Government Accountability Board and District Attorneys, too.
* The controversial state Voter ID law pushed by GOP leaders and signed by Walker has been enjoined from implementation by separate Dane County District Courts.
This slimy tactic dates to 2011 - -
Fitzgerald embraces idea of running fake Democrats in recall elections.* Portions of the infamous Walker initiative that ended virtually all public union collective bargaining practices were ruled unconstitutional in Federal Court in Madison.
Oh: There's this little pesky, court-of-public opinion PolitiFact problem, too.
Q: Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
A. Is a third of the time OK?
Scott Walker's file:Walker's statements by ruling