Info. from the folks explaining and highlighting the cultural and environmental significance of the Penokee Hills endangered by open-pit iron ore mining in the Bad River watershed near Lake Superior:
Come to The Victory coffee shop, 2710 Atwood Ave. - - map and location here - - from 3-7 PM Sunday, July 21 and support a fundraising event there for the LCO Harvest Education Camp.
Strawberry Moon Women Singers and Lac du Flambeau's talented Kelly Jackson will be performing. Come and learn about the camp and more.
Facebook Event Page :: https://www.facebook.com/events/396631037125210/
DONATE TO HELP PURCHASE ITEMS FOR THE CAMP:
* Small things to eat (non-perishable)
* Snacks, dry goods, etc. for visitors and camp members.
* Sleeping blankets to leave at the camp.
* Brush clippers to build the sugar bush camp area and trails.
* Insect repellant, and small supplies like shampoo and toothpaste, dish soap, toilet paper, common medical supply needs like band aids for kids, diapers and lots of other odds and ends.
The items will be delivered straight to the camp site.