Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tommy Thompson A Big Negative Hit on Daily Kos

This major Daily Kos posting today about says it all, though I had my two cents in, too:

Tommy Thompson: A Dead Battery & A Full Bladder
by BarbinMD
Sat May 12, 2007 at 06:49:11 PM CDT
This may qualify as the worst excuse ever by a presidential candidate:

Tommy Thompson cited a dead hearing aid and an urgent need to use the bathroom in explaining on Saturday why he said at a GOP presidential debate that an employer should be allowed to fire a gay worker. [...]

"I was very sick the day of the debate. I had all of the problems with the flu and bronchitis that you have, including running to the bathroom. I was just hanging on. I could not wait until the debate got off so I could go to the bathroom."

Leaving aside his total lack of dignity and the apparent need to share way too much information, does anyone really want this man's finger on the button?

Permalink :: Discuss (184 comments, 184 new)

No comments: