Friday, February 25, 2011

Is Walker Is Using State Airplane For Highly-Political, PR Flights Today?

Remember when Acting Gov. Scott McCallum, (R), another fiscal conservative (sic), got in trouble for using state aircraft for questionable trips?

Some governors - - such as the new Republican Gov. of New Mexico - - are grounding their planes, or selling them, as just happened in Florida at the new Governor's request - -  for financial reasons.

I see Walker has held a news conference at the Kenosha airport, and has a day of trips planned - - including Rhinelander and Green Bay?

Is the stressed state budget - - meaning taxpayers - - covering the cost of these flights?

Skyrocketing fuel prices?

Fuel up the bird!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holding high my American flag, I spent 90 minutes this afternoon on the Grange Avenue bridge over I-94 along with about 100 public school teachers and their families. LOTS of motorists and truck drivers reacted positively to the giant sign that said “Honk For Workers’ Rights”. Great camaraderie.

Things were just fine until some big, tall, middle-aged “tough guy” came along, looking for a confrontation.

He got in my face and barked, “What, do you people think you own the sidewalk?”

I smiled at him and said, “Yes.” He was visibly startled by my answer.

“What do you mean? You really think you own the sidewalk?”

Again, I replied, “Yeah, we do. We’re taxpayers.”

He then angrily snarled, “I’m a taxpayer, too!”

I smiled at him and said, “It’s good to meet another owner.”

He went off in a huff and tried to pick a fight with someone else.
When no one would take his bait, he started barking at the smallest women in the crowd. Finally he walked off.

As he walked away I couldn’t help but think that nothing he did was going to scare these folks.

They’re school teachers.


GoyitoMKE

James Rowen said...

Nice!