How Paltry Is Wisconsin Passenger Rail Service?
Intentional inconvenience, acknowledged::
The WisDOT web page on rail service - - since it cannot tout the development-boosting Amtrak extensions or SE commuter rail operations killed by Walker and the GOP=led Legislature - - is heavily-devoted to "motorcoach" connections to the few train stations left:
Amtrak thruway motorcoach connections provide service to additional Wisconsin communities. A combination rail/bus ticket can be booked through Amtrak. Thruway rail/bus connections can be made at the Milwaukee intermodal station, the Columbus, Portage and St. Paul, Minnesota Amtrak stations.
To purchase tickets or for route information call Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), or the Amtrak web site.
- Duluth, MN (Superior) - Cloquet, MN – Sandstone, MN - St. Paul, MN
- Wausau - Stevens Point - Waupaca - New London - Appleton - Oshkosh - Fond du Lac - Milwaukee
- Houghton, MI - L'Anse, MI - Marquette, MI - Escanaba, MI - Powers, MI - Stephenson, MI - Marinette - Oconto - Green Bay - Manitowoc - Sheboygan - Milwaukee
- Madison - Janesville - South Beloit, IL - Rockford, IL - Chicago, IL
- Madison - Columbus - Fond du Lac - Oshkosh - Appleton - Green Bay
- Madison - Portage - Stevens Point - Wausau
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - Hudson - Menominee - Eau Claire - Wausau - Shawano - Green Bay - Manitowoc - Sheboygan - Milwaukee
Post a Comment