This is why the Wisconsin GOP has become a death cult:
* Republican lawmakers in the Legislature, after taking most of the pandemic year 2020 off at full pay and sitting out any leadership on COVID19 prevention, are now poised through a measure Gov. Evers cannot veto to end his state masking orders.
Even though mask wearing is known to provide crucial protection agains spreading or acquiring the highly contagious and fatal virus.
Wear Masks To Protect Yourself From The Coronavirus, Not Only Others, CDC Stresses
* COVID19 deaths here have already passed 6,000 according to New York Times-gathered data.
That number was no doubt boosted by the WI Supreme Court which, at request of the same GOP legislators, prematurely ended Evers 'Safer-at-Home' order last year without an alternative COVID19 action plan in place.
* A plan the GOP legislator-litigants told the Court was forthcoming, but which they have not passed despite overwhelming majorities in both the state Assembly and Senate.
(Note that state's official death count at just under 5,700 is consistently under-reported, but both data sets represent huge numbers of our fellow citizens.)
* And the right in Wisconsin has consistently been coddling COVID19 since the virus first struck.
So let's be clear: The Wisconsin GOP is a havoc-wreaking death cult that puts a higher priority - on playing partisan power games -
|Beginning in Nov., 2018, still continuing...|
- than protecting public health - and the result is a COVID19 body count in Wisconsin that now exceeds 5,700, or 6,000.
Like I said, it's a big and unacceptable number either way.