Tiffany casts another vote against minority Americans
To his deliberate misrepresentation of minority Americans in his own district, you can add another blatantly bigoted move by Wisconsin's Northwoods US House Rep. Tom Tiffany -
Cong. Tom Tiffany, (R-Whites Only)
- a vote against making Juneteenth a national holiday - to his expanding racist record, including:
* Opposing federal aid to African-American farmers after decades of discriminatory official programs and policies;
* Voting "Nay" on anti-Asian hate legislation;
* And opposing the removal of statues from Congress that honored leading Confederate seditionists;
* A vote that lined up with his vote against accepting legitimate Electoral votes cast for President-elect Joe Biden in a failed effort to throw the election to the defeated former President - - a move which seditionist rioters tried to achieve through an attack on the US Capitol.
As I've noted, gerrymandered Republican bigots, embarrassments and ignorami are going to contaminate the Congress and accelerate Wisconsin's decaying national reputation for years and years.
Side note - Wisconsin's other notably reprehensible members of the state's GOP caucus - including Sen. Ron Johnson, and Reps. Grothman, Gallagher, Fitzgerald and Steil all voted "Yes" on the Juneteenth bill.
Which explains why Tiffany is strongly contending for the title of Worst Wisconsin Member of Congress.
Post a Comment