Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Political Environment Enters Year Two, Hits The FM Airwaves

I feel pretty good about the blog after a year.

It's more work than I anticipated, but I'm happy that the issues I've tried to emphasize - - the Great Lakes Compact, the lack of fair transit in the region, exclusionary planning, suburban sprawl (in my continuing series, "The Road To Sprawlville")- - are gaining traction on the Internet, and in media in Wisconsin.

Usually the tone and content of most of the discourse on or surrounding the blog has been useful, so I'll stay with it and see what happens.

Coincidentally, Jane Hampden of WUWM-FM, 89.7, had taped a "Lake Effect" segment with me last week about blogging, the environment, and family politics (my son Sam is running for Milwaukee 3rd District Alderman), and that show aired the morning of the 4th.

A blog's birthday present.

Here is an archived link.

The program repeats at 11 p.m. the rest of the week, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birrrrthday, dear Blogg-y!

Happy Birthday to you!