Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Compact Fluorescent Basics: Followup To Eric Von Show Tuesday

I spent a fun hour with Eric Von in the WMCS-AM 1290 studio Tuesday.

Chatted about President Obama, federal stimulus funding and green technologies, and though I didn't have enough information with me about compact fluorescent bulbs, I thought I'd repair that omission by posting a primer, here.

Because they last far longer than cheaper incandescent bulbs, a compact fluorescent will save the owner $30-$40 in replacement purchases and use far less energy and fuel to power them.

Compact fluorescent bulbs come in a wide variety of sizes and intensities, as opposed to clunky earlier models - - though we are still using two my wife bought in 1993 in addition to many newer ones.

Handled correctly, there's no reason why people can't be switching out their bulbs en masse, saving money and helping clean the air we all breathe.

No comments: