And I'll bet you can add to my list of Top Five GOP Headscratchers, or produce your own.
5. Watching the once-invincible Tommy Thompson take a hard right turn and careen over the cliff to a U.S. Senate defeat by U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Madison).
4. Putting U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Janesville) on the GOP national ticket to help carry swing-state Wisconsin, only to see Obama-Biden win Wisconsin and romp in Janesville.
3. Sowing the seeds for longtime trouble by willfully shutting Ojibwe bands out of bill-writing aimed to allow open-pit iron mining on the doorstep of treaty-protected land and water.
2. Proposing a hunting season for sandhill cranes that avid hunter and state Rep. Joel Kleefisch (R-Oconomowoc) described as "the rib-eye of the sky."
1. Anticipating a wolf hunt so exciting that Kleefisch imagined the animals already "marinating."