Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recalls, So Far, Going As Expected

I am not surprised that Republican incumbents Harsdorf and Cowles won, and though I had hoped Fred Clark could upset Luther Olsen, that was still a longshot. Fred is a great legislator. I hope he isn't gerrymandered into oblivion.

It seems Shilling is going to defeat Kapanke - - so that's a pickup for the Dems of one - - and I expect King to maintain her slim lead over Hopper, so that could net the Dems two of the three they need o retake the Senate.

Sandy Pasch is still the underdog to the entrenched and anachronistic Alberta Darling, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

3 comments:

Betsey said...

Pasch has been consistently ahead all evening, although I do understand that not all precincts have reported in yet.

Why do they have so many problems counting the votes in these Republican strongholds?

Mitch said...

Why do they have so many problems counting the votes in these Republican strongholds?>

They don't want to report any numbers until they know how many votes they need to find.

Reagan's Disciple said...

Really? Can you back these statements up, or are these simply more baseless accusations?