The next time you hear someone attacking "Obamacare," remember the good things the new law did immediately for millions of Americans:
- Insurers cannot cancel policies if a person becomes sick
- Insurers cannot place lifetime dollar limit caps on policies.
- Insurers cannot deny coverage to children under age 19 due to pre-existing conditions.
- Parents can keep adult children on their policy up to age 26.
- Smaller companies are allowed tax credits up to 35 percent of premiums to help buy insurance if they have 25 or fewer employees and average wages of less than $50,000.