Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Climate Change, Australia

I had posted something earlier today about this, but I had a technical problem with my post, not the original sourcing link, and took the whole thing down.

This separate link should work fine and help me make the point.

There's a commenter out there who took issue with the original post, and the use of the word "unprecedented" in my post to describe the rains and floods.

Feel free to send back the comment if you want and I will post it.

1 comment:

James Rowen said...

There was a comment sent in by an anonymous commenter to the original posting, and when I deleted the posting, the comment had no place to go.

I found the comment and will post it, so the commenter does not need to resend it.

This is what it said:

"Unprecedented? Your link and just about every other article about this flood compares it to the flooding that occurred in 1974. So is 25 years your threshold for saying something never occurred before?"

Fair question: That comparison is in the story to which I linked. I note also that the 1974 flood killed 14 people, and this one so far has killed nine, with 72 missing.

Given the damage, the media accounts likening it to a tsunami and all the damages, we're splitting hairs, aren't we?

I also want to put up a link to a separate posting where the commenter alleged I had no integrity to me because I took down the original posting.

My explanation is the truth. I don't care if he or she believes it.

But why commenters feel the need to lapse into name-calling and accusations is beyond me. You can read his/her remarks and mine, too, at:
http://thepoliticalenvironment.blogspot.com/2011/01/walkers-juvenillia-will-set-back-great.html?showComment=1294864755646#c6126343475802136810